Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: (People's Status Updates)
(02-15-2014, 06:46 PM)Beau Wrote: Sure has been quiet around here.

Went up the hill today. Great day snowboarding. Weather permitting I hope to ride the motorcycle tomorrow afternoon.

Actually fired mine up in the garage today for the first time since September! Kinda surprised it fired right up! Might take mine up to Pawnee grasslands tomorrow to shoot off a few rounds!
(02-15-2014, 09:04 PM)DenverPilot Wrote: Been spending the last two weeks cleaning up an IT near-disaster, not of my own creation. Also playing with a couple of digital radios, and watching the neighbor and his partner (he's a contractor) do a much better job putting in a new tile floor than I would have.

I'm getting ready to start putting in some tile for my parents in the next month or so. It will be my first time. Hoping it goes smoother than my first install of laminate flooring.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Since the weather's been crummy (snow up to my ***) and I have not been able to work outside on the front of the hill (terracing and moving rock around), I have been watching my wife paint the upstairs rooms of the house and fighting a cold. For general info, the inside's hers and the outside is mine. And, OBTW, we live in a Geodesic Dome Home. This gives all kinds of opportunities for frustration while painting. She knows words I have never heard before.......
Since the Super Bowl was not so super even though I am a long-time Seahawks fan (since '76). I don't care for blowouts and the Broncos just didn't show up to play.
(02-11-2014, 09:55 PM)Beau Wrote: How does he do his starters?

You're gonna have to wait on that question, he just became a dad for the third time. First daughter!

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
I couldnt find any work related to my degree field after spending 4.5 years getting a degree or even a relatively decent paying job, so I went to CDL school to get my license and now driving over the road. i have 5-6 weeks of training left then I will solo out.

not the path i wanted to take, but when you have $50K in student loans due and the loan company calling 15 times a day wanting their money, what other choice do you have?

basically i have a 3 year plan to get it all paid off, then find a local company to work for so i can be home every day and go to law school at night. then i want to start my own practice/firm.
Sig Sauer P250 .40 S&W sub-compact
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Remington 870 12 ga. pump shotgun
Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black
10 shot Briley Extension Tube | Plano takedown hardcase

Custom Built AR-15
Surplus Arms & Ammo AR-15 Lower | 5.56 NATO or .223 compatible |
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |
TMS Sling Swivel w/ Base | (20) - 30 round magazines |

Draw
What ever it takes to pay the bills, good luck in your truck driving endeavor.

Have the action fitted to the rough cut walnut stock.

Finished drilling and bolting the stock to the action last night, I see a bit of light in a couple of areas between the stock and action, I am going to try smoke blackening the action to see where its touching and file of small amounts of wood to make a tight fit tonight .

Then we will see if I am a stock maker or a chump whittling on a block of wood.
(02-19-2014, 09:46 AM)bufordtjustice Wrote: What ever it takes to pay the bills, good luck in your truck driving endeavor.

Have the action fitted to the rough cut walnut stock.

Finished drilling and bolting the stock to the action last night, I see a bit of light in a couple of areas between the stock and action, I am going to try smoke blackening the action to see where its touching and file of small amounts of wood to make a tight fit tonight .

Then we will see if I am a stock maker or a chump whittling on a block of wood.

Sounds to me like you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing. I wouldn't have a clue. Looking forward to seeing the finished product if you can post pics
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-19-2014, 04:58 AM)HannahBearCo Wrote: I couldnt find any work related to my degree field after spending 4.5 years getting a degree or even a relatively decent paying job, so I went to CDL school to get my license and now driving over the road. i have 5-6 weeks of training left then I will solo out.

not the path i wanted to take, but when you have $50K in student loans due and the loan company calling 15 times a day wanting their money, what other choice do you have?

basically i have a 3 year plan to get it all paid off, then find a local company to work for so i can be home every day and go to law school at night. then i want to start my own practice/firm.

Sorry to hear you had to take a path you didn't want but glad you have income and were able to pull your listings from the classifieds.

I almost went over the road after I got my CDL. For reasons I won't go into I wasn't able to do that, thankfully.

Getting my CDL did help though. The last two jobs I've had required one. Hopefully you will be able to find a local gig with in a couple of years if you're still driving then.
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-20-2014, 11:43 PM)Beau Wrote: Sorry to hear you had to take a path you didn't want but glad you have income and were able to pull your listings from the classifieds.

I almost went over the road after I got my CDL. For reasons I won't go into I wasn't able to do that, thankfully.

Getting my CDL did help though. The last two jobs I've had required one. Hopefully you will be able to find a local gig with in a couple of years if you're still driving then.

it was a last resort thats for sure. I am glad I do like to drive though and have some driving experience with a 26' foot box truck w/ lift gate...not that, that makes backing a 53' trailer any easier. But I dont know where else I can go and make close to a $1,000 a week. Paying off these stupid student loans is the only thing driving my motivation right now. If I can give any future college students reading this any advice....dont take out student loans unless absolutely neccessary and take only what you NEED! Sallie Mae is ruthless about being repaid. They light up my phone 15-20 times a day. Thank God for the auto-reject call feature on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

my only regret is waiting so long to pull the trigger. I should have done CDL school back in September.

I was BROKE and on the verge of being homeless because I couldnt pay rent. my car is in utter shambles. bald tires, bent wheels, needs aljgnment, tune up and brakes...none of which I could afford.

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. aint always pretty and peaches.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black

Custom Built AR-15
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |

Draw
I hate that I love Taco Bell.
When in doubt. JFC.

just about finished with my training. end of the week i should be testing out for my own truck. i am sitting on 258 hours out of a required 275 hours of training.

and I get a $500 bonus upon graduating and delivering my first load.

and with my tax return and savjng a few paychecks I can finally put new wheels and tires on the car this coming Friday. got $1,025 in savings. need $229 more.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
Got my truck and they got me a load back to Denver. I'm off on home time till Wednesday night, then back at it bright and early Thursday morning.

here's my truck. Peterbilt 386 with a cummins diesel and a 10 speed manual transmission.
[Image: 10170756_1481947628690721_783672738_n.jpg]

good to be home. getting in to see the doc and make sure my thyroid is behaving properly, and already got all my meds refilled. only thing I have left to do after that is do some grocery shopping for food before I head back out. truck stop food is fattening and expensive.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
Nice!
Open carried for the first time yesterday! I was extremely nervous at first, but by the third store it was no big deal! I don't know why I waited so long!
(04-07-2014, 09:17 PM)Blazinjack Wrote: Nice!
Open carried for the first time yesterday! I was extremely nervous at first, but by the third store it was no big deal! I don't know why I waited so long!

You will come to find that very few people notice. Kids are usually the ones to oust you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
When in doubt. JFC.

(04-08-2014, 09:30 PM)Beau Wrote: You will come to find that very few people notice. Kids are usually the ones to oust you.

By oust, you mean get you thrown out?
(04-08-2014, 10:05 PM)bufordtjustice Wrote: By oust, you mean get you thrown out?
I believe he means pointing you out in a way that's obvious to you.

At least that's what's happened to me.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(04-08-2014, 09:30 PM)Beau Wrote: You will come to find that very few people notice. Kids are usually the ones to oust you.

I did notice a few stares from families, mostly in the check out lanes. The clerk at Lowe's spotted it right away and asked if it was a glock. I did no, Ruger. He said he had yet to shoot a Ruger, and asked how I like it! I was shocked!
Back from commifornia, on my work trip.

Drove past the Arlen Ness motorcycle dealership in Dublin, never got to go in , their hours and my work hours didn't jive.

Their low octain gas is $4.39.

Found Nothing out there that could keep me there.
buford, I was also in the PRK last week. Bare naked (weaponrywise) and hating it every time someone accosted me for something. Very "pushy" out there. (I notice the places that strike me as "pushy" are generally the ones with no gun culture to speak of.)

Thursday for lunch I had had enough of the insanity everywhere that wasn't my hotel room or the actual job (that's in the middle of a military base and filled with people that make me look like a flaming liberal) and I sought out a gun store figuring it would have sane people in it. It was pretty sad, one wall full of "EBR" long guns (bullet button equipped no doubt) and three cases of handguns. A fair amount of backpacks, etc. but not much directly-gun-related gear.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
i'm kicking ass at work and making some money finally. I grossed $865 last week...best money I have seen in a LOOOOOOONG time. Came close to that this week, but fell just shy. Been running about 2800-3200 miles a week. I've got a nice system down, got everything I need to run efficiently and minimize wasted time. Been here 3 months now, 2 in training and 1 on my own. A little rough for the first 2 weeks, truck was repeatedly in and out of the shop for stupid crap, but things have smoothed out and calmed down a lot and the truck is running like a champ! Got my groove and my rhythm, got my tunes on my ipod connected to the cd player, and I got a 40 qt igloo cooler full of food, snacks, candy, bottled water and soda. I love this job! It's cool to see how exactly America works inside the factories and how things get to where they need to go and how quickly...pretty amazing.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw