Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: (People's Status Updates)
Finished installing my first laminate floor last night.

Number one lesson learned, always use a self leveler on the floor. I was ready to give up thinking I suck at this. Decided to use leveler on the entire floor. I had already used it where I "thought" it was needed. After that the floor went together great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I'm in the process of terracing my front hillside and have to wait out the snow which is on its third day.
I'm working on a second level terrace and as soon as the snow goes away, I need order a yard of river rock and rent a skidsteer to move it. I also am hiring two guys to rake the rock into place while I move it with the skidsteer.
Then, we will level the third level of terrace with fill dirt and finish off the lower level with more rock.
I also have several other projects that have to be done around my house this year including wiping out the final scrub oak stumps.
I'm definitely looking forward to good days during what's left of Winter, and then Spring.
Just ate a huge bowl of ice cream. Trying to find the will to get up and go nail the trim back on in the room I just did the floor in.
When in doubt. JFC.

Had dinner with a friend of over 20 years, did a transfer of a .22 rifle to him for teaching his kids to shoot at a store I hadn't been to (had nice toys, just don't need anything right now but nice folks), came home and pet the dog, ready for Super Bowl.
(02-02-2014, 01:37 AM)DenverPilot Wrote: Had dinner with a friend of over 20 years, did a transfer of a .22 rifle to him for teaching his kids to shoot at a store I hadn't been to (had nice toys, just don't need anything right now but nice folks), came home and pet the dog, ready for Super Bowl.

What store did you do the transfer at and what did they charge?
When in doubt. JFC.

GO BRONCOS!!!

When in doubt. JFC.

Damn it !!!!!!!!

When in doubt. JFC.

(02-02-2014, 11:08 AM)Beau Wrote: What store did you do the transfer at and what did they charge?

Westminster. And I think they charged him $30? Wasn't paying a lot of attention.
If my understanding is correct, it's technically illegal to charge more than ten bucks. Which of course doesn't cover the cost to the FFL of doing it, which was more than likely the point of the rule. (And I am "more than likely" bucking for the "understatement of the year" award.)
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
This sucks!

When in doubt. JFC.

I might actually get to work for a few hours today. I haven't worked a single day this week due to temps being to low. I'm going in to help a guy shuttle some parts around and hoping they will pay me.

Primed 100 cases for hot glue bullets. Gonna cast a bunch of them today. Gotta start getting some practice done before I shoot a match next month.
When in doubt. JFC.

Attempting to make a walnut stock for my stevens double barrel, found a couple of blocks of walnut on CR List last week.
(02-07-2014, 09:00 AM)bufordtjustice Wrote: Attempting to make a walnut stock for my stevens double barrel, found a couple of blocks of walnut on CR List last week.

Wow. Good luck with that. I don't think I would have the patience even if I had the skillz.

Youbshould start a thread and post pics of your progress.

When in doubt. JFC.

One of those days. . . . . Nothing a little Evan Williams can't fix.
When in doubt. JFC.

Getting ready to start planting seeds to put in the greenhouse. Also gonna be building boxes for the garden. Hoping to do about 128 new square feet of gardening this year. I got a lot of work to do before the thaw.
Free Conceal Classes in Colorado
NRA Certified Instructors
http://www.concealedcarryforfree.com
(02-10-2014, 11:46 PM)Michael Wrote: Getting ready to start planting seeds to put in the greenhouse. Also gonna be building boxes for the garden. Hoping to do about 128 new square feet of gardening this year. I got a lot of work to do before the thaw.

I am no longer someplace where I can do a decent sized garden. Thinking about trying to do a couple raised boxes on the 12'X10' plot I have available.
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-11-2014, 05:16 PM)Beau Wrote: I am no longer someplace where I can do a decent sized garden. Thinking about trying to do a couple raised boxes on the 12'X10' plot I have available.

I'm going to try and build a couple of these this year:

http://www.earthtainer.org/

I have a friend who's getting an incredible yield from just a few boxes. He has an automatic watering setup and all he does is plant, then harvest (maybe a slight, but only very slight exaggeration).

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(02-11-2014, 06:46 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: I'm going to try and build a couple of these this year:

http://www.earthtainer.org/

I have a friend who's getting an incredible yield from just a few boxes. He has an automatic watering setup and all he does is plant, then harvest (maybe a slight, but only very slight exaggeration).

O2

How does he do his starters?
When in doubt. JFC.

Sure has been quiet around here.

Went up the hill today. Great day snowboarding. Weather permitting I hope to ride the motorcycle tomorrow afternoon.
When in doubt. JFC.

Been spending the last two weeks cleaning up an IT near-disaster, not of my own creation. Also playing with a couple of digital radios, and watching the neighbor and his partner (he's a contractor) do a much better job putting in a new tile floor than I would have.