Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First rifle! Zastava O-PAP M70
This past weekend I picked up a Zastava O-PAP M70 for $600 before taxes. It came with 2 15 round mags Bs (one tapco and one unmarked surplus). So far i am impressed with this rifles build quality everything is tight where it needs to be and nice and loose every where else. When I test fed some Red Army Standard it fed fine from the surplus mag and not so well from the tapco. I will have to see how she shoots when it warms up a little more and I can get out to a friends property! Oh as a side note all the numbers are matching on the receiver, bolt and bolt carrier!
Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
Murphy was a grunt.
Odd objects attract fire - never lurk behind one.
A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
[Image: 20140128_215947.jpg]

[Image: 20140128_220001.jpg]

[Image: 20140128_220010.jpg]

[Image: 20140126_155432.jpg]
Murphy was a grunt.
A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
Well after some fiddling and home gunsmithing (full auto safeties are a bear to get back in) I replaced the wire Shepherds crook with a Tapco pin retention plate. This will make it allot easier to dissemble my fire control group along with making it more secure! I also ordered today a Tapco Intrafuse M70 Stock adapter and stock set http://www.kenarnoldcsa.com/intrafusem70adaptorandstockset.aspx and a Magpul MOE butt stock http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpul-MOE-Stock-Black-p/mag400%20%20black.htm to make the rifle a little more adaptable to my small frame and reduce the length of pull since the yugo's stock is a little long.
Murphy was a grunt.
Ok I got the parts I ordered in and took her our to the range after installing the new buttstock and she shot well i just don't quite care for the brass cased American Eagle ammo that I was shooting. But anyway here are some pics of what she looks like now!
[Image: 20140209_140236.jpg]
[Image: 20140209_140242.jpg]
Murphy was a grunt.
I like it. Although I must admit that pistol grip makes it extremely deadly. I hope you are very careful with it even when only looking at it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-11-2014, 05:18 PM)Beau Wrote:  I like it. Although I must admit that pistol grip makes it extremely deadly. I hope you are very careful with it even when only looking at it.

Oh you better believe it I could of sworn that I saw it attempting to enslave my M&P9 last night and force it to do its bidding.
Murphy was a grunt.