Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Pro
Stopped in at the new Bass Pro at the north end of Colorado Springs today.

They carry firearms, but 620-odd dollars for a Glock seemed steep to me; I have little doubt that other firearms were similarly overpriced. Besides, they don't carry CZ-75s Bs

Aside from the pricing, this store obviously focuses more on fishing than Cabela's does, so it has less in the way of "gun stuff" in general.

On the whole I would love to plop this store down where Denver's southern Cabela's is, and put Cabelas whe[/i]re this store is. But your mileage may vary.

Edit to add: There is a sign up front that says "all firearms must be checked." Apparently this ONLY applies to guns you are planning to show to people behind the counter, that does NOT apply to your carry gun.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
Agreed , Cabelas selection and priceing on guns ammo and optics is better than gander or BP.

I understand where BP's priceing comes from, they build an outlandish Taj Mahal and expect everyone to pay for the privilage of shopping in it.

On the other hand GM is in a building not unlike walmart and their prices are just as high.
Specialty Sports here takes a rap from a lot of people for having high prices. Their Glocks range from $519 to maybe 20-40 bucks more for Gen4. I guess it's all relative.

(And there I hear the piteous whine of a certain CZ handgun that wants to go home with me...)
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
One of these days I will have to get around to buying a CZ 75 or one of the variants based on it.

My tastes are too broad, my wish list is too long and my bank statement too short.
(11-27-2013, 09:14 PM)bufordtjustice Wrote: One of these days I will have to get around to buying a CZ 75 or one of the variants based on it.

My tastes are too broad, my wish list is too long and my bank statement too short.

Ain't that the truth.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Haven't found anything worth buying at Specialty that wasn't cheaper from another local source, let alone a big chain or online. Haven't felt their service was worth the premium either; no bad experiences, but nothing worth writing home about either.

Bass pro seems overpriced on everything but fishing gear (which I guess makes sense), but... It's good to have them in town.
I realize they aren't rock bottom on their prices--but on the other hand, they don't just jack them up when there is a panic on. (At one point early this year, I went in there to buy a certain type of .308; they didn't have one of those but had another one that was on my list, and the price wasn't any higher than their usual, so you can guess where it ended up after eight days of fiddle-faddle with CBI.) And their selection is pretty hard to beat. Maybe Cabellas beats them on long arms.

For the most part, during height of the recent panic guns (other than hunting-style) flew out the door within milliseconds of being put on the rack. Except they still had five cases full of zillions of 1911s.

Admittedly I don't hit a lot of different store fronts, but to the best of my knowledge they are the only ones with CZ-75s in stock right now. (And yes their prices are somewhat above MSRP.)

Biggun