Click here to view a larger image
Ammo .22 LR Colt LRN 40 Grain 50 Round Box1250 fps ACOLT22SP
(no reviews)
Our Low Price: $29.59

Ships from warehouse: What is this?

Manufacturer: Colt ACOLT22SP
Item: AMM-023
UPC: 640420001197

This is a 50 round box of Colt Brand .22LR.

Specifications:
Manufacturer: Colt
Manufacturer Number: ACOLT22SP
Caliber: .22 LR
Bullet Type: Lead Round Nose
Grains: 40
Velocity: 1250 fps

NON-RETURNABLE ITEM
Non-returnable item. We will not accept any returns on this item.
CTD has been one of the worst price-gougers during the ammo crunch. I won't buy anything from them. A few weeks ago they had magazines for my ruger in stock for a good price, but I intentionally paid a few bucks more and ordered from a competitor.
My ire for CTD comes from them suspending firearm sales after the CT shooting. I will never order anything from them ever ever ever ever. Same goes with Dick's, not a penny will be spent in their stores.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Their free catalog comes to my house once a month. Makes for crappy toilet paper but hey, it is in fact cheaper than dirt!
Free Conceal Classes in Colorado
NRA Certified Instructors
http://www.concealedcarryforfree.com
Been hearing local radio ads for CTD lately. Makes me want to hurl.
(10-01-2013, 04:02 PM)DenverGP Wrote: CTD has been one of the worst price-gougers during the ammo crunch. I won't buy anything from them. A few weeks ago they had magazines for my ruger in stock for a good price, but I intentionally paid a few bucks more and ordered from a competitor.

You should've sent your paid receipt along with a screen capture of their price back to CTD, saying:

Know why I was willing to pay slightly more? Because your price gouging on ammo is so disgusting, I will never buy from you again.

If enough people do that, maybe they'll change their practice...
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
there is no way they haven't heard the backlash against them. My guess is that enough people didn't care how overpriced it was, and still ordered from them enough that they made a profit with their gouging.
When people are asking, and getting a hundred dollars for a brick of 22 or a box of 50 9mm, that rewards the behavior.

Last gunshow I went to I spotted some interesting items at a table that was also selling $50 bricks. I moved on.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
Agreed. I've also seen that there's little or no advantage to buying in bulk, and that Walmart has cheaper ammo prices than the internet, even before shipping is added, although none of the price listing sites, like Gunbot, ever list their prices.
Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.
The problem--still--is actually finding the ammo at Walmart without having to adjust your schedule so you can pounce on it as it goes on the shelf. I believe this is because they've not raised their prices (much). I can pretty much find any caliber I like (other than .22) easily, as long as I *don't* bother with Walmart, but then it's more expensive.

I've managed to build up a backstock by the expedients of not shooting too much and going ahead and paying higher prices. But Walmart ammo is basically a thing of the past for me, since my schedule doesn't mesh with theirs.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(12-23-2013, 09:54 PM)308 Fan Wrote: The problem--still--is actually finding the ammo at Walmart without having to adjust your schedule so you can pounce on it as it goes on the shelf. I believe this is because they've not raised their prices (much). I can pretty much find any caliber I like (other than .22) easily, as long as I *don't* bother with Walmart, but then it's more expensive.

I've managed to build up a backstock by the expedients of not shooting too much and going ahead and paying higher prices. But Walmart ammo is basically a thing of the past for me, since my schedule doesn't mesh with theirs.

I've had some pretty good luck lately with Walmart. I don't go in on specific days or times but when I do I swing by the counter. Last time I was in I picked up, for the second time this month, a bulk back of .22, 100rd white box of .45 and a 50rd box of 9.
When in doubt. JFC.

Perhaps things are finally starting to loosen up then. I think my last swing-by was about two weeks ago, and it happened to be right before the stuff got stocked. I still got nothing because ten boxes out of 12 of the .22 never even made it to the counter. The guy thought the man and woman in line in front of me were "together" (they were old friends but not married) and wanted to sell me the second and last box on that basis but I insisted he give it to the guy. I do have something of a backstock now, and he had been bitching he didn't have any at all. (If he was lying, then of course I got suckered.)

Biggun
In my local gun shop (no salivating permitted):

[Image: u5ume8ah.jpg]

[Image: 5ugysu5u.jpg]

:-)
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
[Image: ybu7e7em.jpg]

[Image: ry2uduzy.jpg]

[Image: sygyvaje.jpg]

[Image: qajegese.jpg]
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
I do not like you any more.
When in doubt. JFC.

Don't forget, he doesn't even live here any more.

Probably a good thing, he's out of pitchforks and torches range.

Biggun
Last trip to cabellas (the lone tree one) last week, I saw plenty of ammo available. Lots of 9mm (the Herters Select Grade, brass casings), .40, .45, .380, and other sizes that I didn't even pay attention to And this was about an hour before closing, so they probably had even more when the opened and during the day. No 22, but I do see .22 pop up on the cabellas website every week or two with decent prices (5-6 cents a round).

I don't bother with my trips to Walmart specifically for ammo unless I just want to save a few bucks. At walmart I can get 9 for about 25-26 cents a round, but they are often out of stock. I can get 9 at cabellas pretty much any time for 28 cents a round. So if I luck out and walmart does have the 100 round value packs, then I can get 300 rounds for $78. Or I can go any day of the week and get 300 rounds worth at cabellas for $84. So I'm paying $6 more total for the 300 rounds, and I know they'll have it in stock. And I could buy a lot more than just 300 rounds at cabellas if I wanted.
That works pretty well, and is quite logical. Provided of course you actually live near a Cabelas; it's an hour or more long trip (one way) for me. I do make sure to stop there if I am headed in that general direction. And if I ever got desperate I suppose I could make a special trip and buy a metric $#!+ tonne of ammo there.

Biggun
(12-24-2013, 02:31 PM)Beau Wrote: I do not like you any more.

ROFL!
Sorry to hear that, wasn't trying to disengage the like factor...

That being said, the prices aren't great but they're not really gouging.

Brick of 22 is $50 - 10 cents/rd
Blazer 9 is $20 - 40 cents/rd

So, not good deals at all (when 22LR should be 6 cents/rd and 9 should be 25 cents/rd), but at least there's availability
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast