Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Morse Recall Update
Thumbs Up 
Hey All,

I thought you might want an update on the John morse Recall.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/339632/339/Morse-recall-effort-turns-in-16000-signatures

Cnon
As an Ex-Coloradoan, I'm saddened to see what the Liberals have done to this beautiful state. xmad
He will probably just resign. It's the easiest way to get someone cut from the same cloth to fill the spot.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

I had talked to one of the workers gathering signatures,he said that Morse would probably be the easiest candidate to recall due to the fact he is from the springs which is thick republican territory.

He said that Morse got elected mainly because he and a 3rd party candidate ran against a weak repub and with the vote split three ways he won by a narrow margin.
(06-05-2013, 09:48 PM)Beau Wrote: He will probably just resign. It's the easiest way to get someone cut from the same cloth to fill the spot.

I'd buy it. WallbashWallbashWallbashWallbashWallbashWallbashBsBs
As an Ex-Coloradoan, I'm saddened to see what the Liberals have done to this beautiful state. xmad
Here the latest.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/19/recall-effort-against-morse-deemed-sufficient/

Cnon
Bernie Herpin, former president (and current board member) of the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition (PPFC) and former city council member has thrown his hat into the ring.

The guy's got name recognition, a solid position on the 2nd amendment (putting it mildly) and government experience. He's an obvious choice unless you're a firearms organization a hundred miles away up in Windsor and you don't talk to anyone locally before endorsing a candidate. In which case you might endorse some no-name candidate to sabotage the election.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
Bah-bye John D Bag Morse! Thanks for being the messenger to all the others who thought there were no consequences to voting your personal agenda instead of representing those who elected you.
Saw today that the Angela Giron (Pueblo) recall got enough signatures certified that she is being recalled as well. Keeping them accountable!

Although I wish the papers would stop saying they are being recalled just for their stance on guns; they are being recalled for not listening to their constituents, and being all around shitty representatives.
Glad they got the signatures, I was a bit sceptical.
Last I had heard they are challenging the validity of the petition because it was not worded properly.
When in doubt. JFC.

Morse is also attempting to intimidate the voters into removing their names from the petition.

http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/06/morse-camp-urges-signers-to-remove-names-from-recall-petitions/
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

What a scumbag.
Of course. Don't you know that the people were tricked and misled. They never would have signed otherwise. Oh and the other senator? Well they only got enough signatures because of all the racists.

Sent from my Samsung Note II
When in doubt. JFC.

Speaking of that other senator, same BS going on there.

Quote:PUEBLO, Colo. -
Supporters of Democratic Pueblo state Sen. Angela Giron are knocking on doors and calling those who signed a petition to recall her. Members of Pueblo United for Angela say they want to make sure people know what they signed.

Daniel Bravo signed the petition. On Wednesday afternoon, he received two calls from different people. He said the callers asked if he wanted to remove his name from the petition. He said no. Both times he asked who he was speaking to but said each time the caller hung up on him.

"I felt like I was being harassed only because they wouldn't tell me who they were," Bravo said.

Bravo voted for Giron in 2010, but now he wants her out of office....

http://www.krdo.com/news/giron-supporters-scrutinizing-recall-petition-signatures/-/417220/20730884/-/uqhwgl/-/index.html
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

Ruling in Morse recall protest delayed until July 3

A review of the political party registration of signers of the petition to recall Senate President John Morse over his anti-gun votes has shown a surprising level of bipartisanship in the effort.

Perhaps most shockingly, less than half of the signers are Republicans
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A true reach-across-the-aisle bi-partisan effort. The President would be proud. :) :) :)
We have a date.

Quote:On September 10, 2013, Colorado voters in two districts will be able to let their voices be heard.

Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper has finally set the dates for the recall elections of State Senate President John Morse and first term State Senator Angela Giron according to a CNN report.

The setting of the dates follows a court loss for both candidates yesterday when a judge ruled that the recall paperwork was lawful and the process could move forward.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/breaking-colorado-governor-sets-dates-for-recall-election-of-two-anti-gun-senators/
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Glad to hear it.
Hope the republicans down in the springs come out and get rid of that Morse gentleman.
I'd vote against the creep, but I don't live in his district. I've heard really bad stuff about him not related to the gun issue; suffice it to say he's on record saying you shouldn't engage in activism if you can't afford a lawyer to help you wade through the paperwork. (That's the consequence of our campaign finance laws here.)

PS I *did* offer a friend of mine (emphatically pro-gun) a ride to the polls if he needed it.
It sounds like Morse is going to go down whining.

Quote:While Colorado voters have gathered enough signatures to trigger the recall elections of two state senators, senate president John Morse (D Colo. Springs) is filing a criminal complaint with the Colo. Springs district attorney’s office, claiming that many of the signatures gathered are fraudulent.

The complaint calls for a criminal investigation of the signatures. These signatures have already been validated by the secretary of state’s office and both petitions were ruled constitutional by a district court judge.

Morse and another state senator, Angela Giron, both face recall elections following their participation in passing strict gun control laws in Colorado earlier this year.

“There’s forgery, there’s perjury on the part of the circulators, there are a lot of issues,” said Christy Le Lait, A Whole Lot of People for John Morse campaign spokeswoman.

Morse’s campaigners claim at least 3,500 of the signatures will be found fraudulent after a full investigation.

More.... http://www.guns.com/2013/07/22/colorado-senator-filing-criminal-suit-against-recall-process/
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ