Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9mm and .22lr at walmart Co. Springs
For those of you who are looking for ammo, Woodman, Platte and 8th street Walmart in Colorado Springs all recieved 9mm and .22 last night. Just a heads up.
Intent to commit self-defense is not a crime.
If you weren't one of the first 10 people in line, you missed out. Looks like the line started at 5:30 am. So an hour of my life for one 333 box of .22LR. Worth it?
i guess an hour isn't too bad. but i feel like my time is more worth then waiting in line.
like "black friday" is it worth waiting in line 5+ hours to save a little?
every friday i drive by sportsmans to see the line, and never fails to be wraped around the building.
does everyone that waits get what they were waiting for?
i'm in the springs too.
i'm curious to hear everyone's ammo buying.
do you wait in lines at sportsmans, walmart, wherever and get what you want?
or wait in line get to the front and they are sold out?
(03-18-2013, 11:46 AM)Richard Wrote: i'm curious to hear everyone's ammo buying.
do you wait in lines at sportsmans, walmart, wherever and get what you want?
or wait in line get to the front and they are sold out?

I've never waited in line. I monitor the WalMart website for when my ammo of choice (9mm FMJ) is in stock in a local store. I like that WalMart hasn't raised their prices like so many other sources have. I've learned from experience that the website is often wrong. I'm not sure if it's slow to be updated and the ammo is long gone, or if it's too fast and stock hasn't hit the shelves yet. Either way, it's a wasted trip at least 2/3 of the time. But it works often enough to keep me stocked and making regular trips to the shooting range.
i monitor the walmart site as well and havent had any luck at all.
no matter what time of day i look, it always says "out of stock".
do you guys find out ahead of time when they will get ammo?
people told me walmart puts the stock out at 7am.
so i thought i'd get over there 650 or so, just to see if there was a line like sportsmans.
got there at 655 i think, and no line.
i thought i was the first to get there.
well i was, so i asked if they got any ammo and they said all they got was shotgun stuff.
did everyone but me know that and not go?
I won't wait for more than an hour regardless. I figure that my time is worth more than that.
My main issue is that none of the stores will say how much they are getting in on a delivery. Had I known how little of 9mm and .22 they were getting in, I would have probably looked at the 10 people already waiting in line and saved myself the hour. Sportsmans in the Springs is changing to Saturday delivery BTW.
(03-18-2013, 12:23 PM)JohnnyZee Wrote: I won't wait for more than an hour regardless. I figure that my time is worth more than that.
My main issue is that none of the stores will say how much they are getting in on a delivery. Had I known how little of 9mm and .22 they were getting in, I would have probably looked at the 10 people already waiting in line and saved myself the hour. Sportsmans in the Springs is changing to Saturday delivery BTW.

thanks for the info on sportsmans.
Damn, Sportsmans is on my way home and was planning on hitting it this Friday. Found a $15 off $75 in the coupon rag that was in my mailbox too.

I don't think I could handle standing in line at 5am for the chance of some 22. I'd rather wait until it comes back in stock online. PSA occasionally gets some in stock, Cabelas, Sportsmans Guide, etc.
In Kentucky on business, and happen to be in Walmart… They have 22 hollow point in stock 250 count, and some subatomic.

If anyone wants some PM me and I'll ship FedEx to you direct at cost
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
NICE DGCJason, good to see people helping out, not just screwing everyone by gouging.
No takers?[Image: ge2usedu.jpg]
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
i have a little stash of .22
so thanks for asking.
i'm sure someone on here needs some.
So, I went back to Walmart to pick up some more ammo this morning to make it worth my while to ship back and keep for myself.

I got there and some other guy had come and just looking for some to sit with for his wife and for self-defense.

Of course, as I expected there was no more in stock. Offered to sell the stuff I had to this guy, and he gave me $20 extra for my time.

Sorry COGO, but my motto is "snooze, ya lose".

Kinda disappointed, figured I'd help out but no one seems interested in help. Will know better next time.
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
I'm still using gunbot.net. If I log in 2 or 3 times a day, I find that about every other day I can find someone online that has 9mm FMJ for around $15 box of 50.

Takes me about 5 seconds to check, so my 15 seconds a day is not an issue.

Yesterday Cabela's had 9mm FMJ for about an hour available online. I saw it on gunbot.net
(03-20-2013, 05:45 AM)DGCJason Wrote: Kinda disappointed, figured I'd help out but no one seems interested in help. Will know better next time.

thanks for tryin to help out COGC, i'm sure not many go on this specific thread.
if you would have started your own thread saying you have and can get some .22 ammo, i'm sure people would have been all over it.
expecially at cost +shipping!
Jamboree and Academy - 9mm Winchester white box, 100 count in stock and sitting on the shelf!
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(04-22-2014, 11:36 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Jamboree and Academy - 9mm Winchester white box, 100 count in stock and sitting on the shelf!

What is your walmart getting for the 100 round boxes? I know last year I was seeing them for around $22, but I think it was more last time I spotted any.

Lately I'm pretty happy if I can get new brass 9mm for $13 a box.

If I can find a deal on shipping, then buying online works out really well, since most of the online outfits don't have to collect sales tax.
I think it was $25-$26, though I didn't look at the price carefully - I was too stunned by their mere presence!

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
Decent price. I bought 100 rounds ball ammo for $29.95 earlier this spring and despite the shortage, thought it was kind of high.
"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson
"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense." - John Adams
"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason
"The ultimate authority resides in the people alone." "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." "The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." - James Madison