Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do it yourself planning.
Next weekend my group of planners and myself are taking the 1000 lbs of rice and 1000 lbs of beans we bought this month, and are going to store them for long term. I have acquired 60 food grade buckets and Mylar bags with o2 removers. We will be putting approximately 33 to 35 lbs of each product in the buckets and sealing them up for a 30 plus year shelf life. We are not new to planning for the worst and hoping for the best. We are a group of people with diverse backgrounds and numerous skills. We are your everyday individuals. There is no shame in being a planner.

I encourage everyone to make plans for the worst and hope for the best. Live your life, have fun, don't worry, but be prepared. The more people I can convince to prepare and plan the less I have to kill when they come for my food or water, or ?

If there is anyone in the area who wishes to learn long term food storage do it yourself style let me know. I, we are happy to teach and I am willing to buy more food and buckets, bags the next go around and help you take home some 5 gallon buckets of food as well. Buckets with beans grown near dolores colorado and rice from Arkansas costs about 30 a bucket to do. That is less then half of online prices. If you can find buckets and lids for free your cost goes down 5 bucks or so a bucket.

Next go around the plan is for wheat ,salt, sugar, and oats. We can still do rice and beans if your interested. Our group is in the four corners area, but you eastern colorado people are welcome also.

Please don't call us preppers as the show has given that word a bad name. They have made everyone look crazy. We are planners and we just leave it at that.
NRA instructor
$50 concealed carry classes
http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1704 Click for information
AFAISI

Prepper = preparer

Nothing wrong with planning ahead... :-)
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
What is afaisi?
NRA instructor
Wacked out militant survivalists, is what people hear no matter what name we call ourselves.

Where do you get your buckets and bags if you don't mind sharing? Also, do you vacuum seal them, if so, how?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-27-2013, 05:20 PM)Poisonspyder Wrote:  What is afaisi?

As
Far
As
I
See
It

:-)
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(02-27-2013, 09:52 PM)Beau Wrote:  Wacked out militant survivalists, is what people hear no matter what name we call ourselves.

Where do you get your buckets and bags if you don't mind sharing? Also, do you vacuum seal them, if so, how?

Buckets are either free by going to local bakeries to find them, or like we Did buy them from lowes. lowes seems to be the cheapest I could find. Keep it fresh online is we're I ordered my Mylar and o2 removers. To seal the Mylar we use a aluminum level and a old iron that goes to 400. You seal all of the bag but last inch. Push out all the air you can and seal the rest up. If you use a level with a grove down the side you can get a double seal. The o2 remover you put inside will do the rest. Vacuum sealer will not get hot enough and if you remove to much air the o2 remover will suck it up to tight and may break the bag.
NRA instructor