Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum/Web Design/Graphics
had the wrong shade of blue. the yellow on the sun is correct, as is the red.

[Image: 386196_167921466694545_399951927_n.jpg]
Sig Sauer P250 .40 S&W sub-compact
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Remington 870 12 ga. pump shotgun
Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black
10 shot Briley Extension Tube | Plano takedown hardcase

Custom Built AR-15
Surplus Arms & Ammo AR-15 Lower | 5.56 NATO or .223 compatible |
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |
TMS Sling Swivel w/ Base | (20) - 30 round magazines |

Draw
Maybe I'm overly annoyed with Public Safety wannabes in Amateur Radio. They ultimately hurt the image of that particular hobby, so I was on a hair-trigger to dislike anything that outfitted someone in a non-Public Safety group with a badge-looking device.

A number of us call the doofuses that put lightbars on their vehicles and what-not in Ham Radio, "Wackers". And their cars, "Wackermobiles".

Not trying to change the topic, just explaining where I was coming from...

No worries.
Yeah, sorry… I meant the rays
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(03-13-2013, 08:59 AM)DenverPilot Wrote: Maybe I'm overly annoyed with Public Safety wannabes in Amateur Radio. They ultimately hurt the image of that particular hobby, so I was on a hair-trigger to dislike anything that outfitted someone in a non-Public Safety group with a badge-looking device.

A number of us call the doofuses that put lightbars on their vehicles and what-not in Ham Radio, "Wackers". And their cars, "Wackermobiles".

Not trying to change the topic, just explaining where I was coming from...

No worries.

I really hope you don't confuse those with storm chasers, cause a lot of the storm chasers do that for safety reasons, and I go out and chase with them when I can. Bat
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black

Custom Built AR-15
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |

Draw
(03-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Audrey Wrote: I really hope you don't confuse those with storm chasers, cause a lot of the storm chasers do that for safety reasons, and I go out and chase with them when I can. Bat

*Some* of the storm chasers are dingbats too. I used to chase. I never needed flashy strobes on my vehicle. Many of them completely overdo it as marketing material as well as cover the vehicles with wraps or signs for their sales.

Back when I did it, it wasn't popular, there were no TV shows about it, and there certainly wasn't mobile data or semi-live radar displays in the vehicle with you. You had to LOOK and know what you were looking at.

One set of wig-wag slim rear window amber LED lights is plenty for "safety" plus standard hazards. If you need more than that, you parked in an unsafe place on a public motorway and in my not-so-humble opinion, the next State Trooper to come along should ticket ya and tell you to move on.

That said, with no radar back then, one day I put myself right where I should not have been and didn't stay ahead of the game on a dirt road with no south exits/other roads for miles. My insurance adjuster wanted to know where I got all the nice hail dimples from... Ha. I still managed to report that the storm was hailing out while still building (rare, it was a line of cells and confused behavior abounded which is what caused me to let my guard down right when it should have been highest) and it tossed an F2 out not very far behind me. I couldn't hear myself think. I couldn't tell if NWS received my radio report either. Just transmitted it blind, repeated it once and paid attention to driving in the inch of hailballs on the dirt road ahead after that.

That was a lesson learned not to always have an out, and it served me well for many years after and also in the airplane...

Call me a curmudgeon, but the modern storm chasers aren't always doing it for a "serve the public" altruistic reason anymore. TV stations pay pretty well for a few seconds of video. The popularity of chasing took off around the time I stopped. Too many chasers these days around some storms.

Sorry, this is way OT for this board, but you hit upon something I've done in the past and have a few opinions about. ;)
DenverPilot Wrote:*Some* of the storm chasers are dingbats too. I used to chase. I never needed flashy strobes on my vehicle. Many of them completely overdo it as marketing material as well as cover the vehicles with wraps or signs for their sales.

Back when I did it, it wasn't popular, there were no TV shows about it, and there certainly wasn't mobile data or semi-live radar displays in the vehicle with you. You had to LOOK and know what you were looking at.

One set of wig-wag slim rear window amber LED lights is plenty for "safety" plus standard hazards. If you need more than that, you parked in an unsafe place on a public motorway and in my not-so-humble opinion, the next State Trooper to come along should ticket ya and tell you to move on.

That said, with no radar back then, one day I put myself right where I should not have been and didn't stay ahead of the game on a dirt road with no south exits/other roads for miles. My insurance adjuster wanted to know where I got all the nice hail dimples from... Ha. I still managed to report that the storm was hailing out while still building (rare, it was a line of cells and confused behavior abounded which is what caused me to let my guard down right when it should have been highest) and it tossed an F2 out not very far behind me. I couldn't hear myself think. I couldn't tell if NWS received my radio report either. Just transmitted it blind, repeated it once and paid attention to driving in the inch of hailballs on the dirt road ahead after that.

That was a lesson learned not to always have an out, and it served me well for many years after and also in the airplane...

Call me a curmudgeon, but the modern storm chasers aren't always doing it for a "serve the public" altruistic reason anymore. TV stations pay pretty well for a few seconds of video. The popularity of chasing took off around the time I stopped. Too many chasers these days around some storms.

Sorry, this is way OT for this board, but you hit upon something I've done in the past and have a few opinions about. ;)

I chase for fun and to capture those awesome moments on camera. If someone wants lightbars, eh be my guest, dont bother me any. Storm chasing is definitely a growing trend. Most are out for the thrill or to make money off their footage. I do it for the thrill and to capture the moment. Only seen one though. :( hope to change that later this spring and early summer
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
(03-15-2013, 12:04 AM)Audrey Wrote: I chase for fun and to capture those awesome moments on camera. If someone wants lightbars, eh be my guest, dont bother me any. Storm chasing is definitely a growing trend. Most are out for the thrill or to make money off their footage. I do it for the thrill and to capture the moment. Only seen one though. :( hope to change that later this spring and early summer

Good luck. The cycle goes in about seven to eight year runs, and in a peak year anywhere along the highway to Prospect Valley or alternatively anywhere past Brighton out I-76 is an almost guaranteed sighting.

Little harder in quiet years. I forget if you want an El Niño or La Niña year...

It's fun to finally spot some.

Watch the temperature/dewpoint spreads and if you see forecasts of instability mixed with a dry line out East of Denver or Colorado Springs, those are best. Things really pop when that happens.

Be careful if you ever go hunting in other States. Most of ours are high-based and not embedded in the thunderstorm that produced them, so they're visible.

Being snuck up on by one inside a low visibility torrential downpour is an "I think I may need to have the car seat surgically removed from my ass" event. :)
(03-15-2013, 12:24 AM)DenverPilot Wrote: Good luck. The cycle goes in about seven to eight year runs, and in a peak year anywhere along the highway to Prospect Valley or alternatively anywhere past Brighton out I-76 is an almost guaranteed sighting.

Little harder in quiet years. I forget if you want an El Niño or La Niña year...

It's fun to finally spot some.

Watch the temperature/dewpoint spreads and if you see forecasts of instability mixed with a dry line out East of Denver or Colorado Springs, those are best. Things really pop when that happens.

Be careful if you ever go hunting in other States. Most of ours are high-based and not embedded in the thunderstorm that produced them, so they're visible.

Being snuck up on by one inside a low visibility torrential downpour is an "I think I may need to have the car seat surgically removed from my ***" event. :)

I will be heading down into ok/tx where the big boys play and the monster ef4 and ef5s are usually found. Thats where the fun is.

Although im still shocked that monster (ef4 or 5?) that tore up Windsor a few years back happened. Never expected that in Colorado.

Actually you want the transition phase between the el nino to la nina cycle, and then again at the beginning of el nino.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
sorry I haven't been on much lately, I've been taking some complimentary classes at the local university here in Tennessee, and just trying to finish out this blibbering semester.

what do you think about this logo?

[Image: cogunowners2_zps337a64e1.jpg]
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
I like it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Me gusta tambien! :-)
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
Great designs! My girlfriend is also a graphic designer.

She made the background for the BFDF.org site.
"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government..." - Thomas Jefferson

Member:
- NRA
- GOA
- SAF
- NAGR
- RMGO

I like the idea and color scheme of the first design. Maybe bring those colors in the second design and see how it looks. Something missing on the second one but can't put my finger on what? Great job on both though, Thanks!
My 2 cents, I like the first design better than the second. Although with both designs, using the "shield" motif I think comes across as authoritarian. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but something like a big mountain or the eagle instead of the shield being the prominent logo would be better and better represent Colorado as whole, in my humble opinion. I'd rather look at the logo and think freedom than be reminded of the crazy laws trying to be passed. Hope I made sense.

Edit: BTW the art and talent with all the logos presented is amazing. I don't want to detract from the talent!! That's talent!
Would you mind if I combined (or attempt anyway) my ideas with your design?
Smileak
(04-30-2013, 09:26 PM)Lead Junkie Wrote: Would you mind if I combined (or attempt anyway) my ideas with your design?

Go right ahead!

Sorry for the late reply. I have been finishing up classes and making preparations to move. Got a place in Lakewood and a roommate all locked down. Ill be in Colorado on the 16th of May for good.

I will also be able to devote more time to the site and graphics.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw