Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Holsters for ladies?
We girls tend to not wear loose/baggy clothing like guys do, instead we like that compact slim appearance, so we usually jam our tushes into tight jeans.

doesn't leave much room to discreetly store a pistol. so ladies (and gents if you don't mind), what other solutions are at hand to discreetly carry a handgun.

I have a sig sauer p250 .40 S&W sub-compact, but even that's difficult to hide.

Lately I've been carrying in my purse, but would like something a little more accessible without being apparent...is that possible?
Sig Sauer P250 .40 S&W sub-compact
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Remington 870 12 ga. pump shotgun
Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black
10 shot Briley Extension Tube | Plano takedown hardcase

Custom Built AR-15
Surplus Arms & Ammo AR-15 Lower | 5.56 NATO or .223 compatible |
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |
TMS Sling Swivel w/ Base | (20) - 30 round magazines |

Draw
Would love to hear what you come up with...my wife isn't into firearms, so getting her 2 cents isn't likely, and I'd like a woman's suggestions for holsters to include in my CHP classes. Tks
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
There are bra holsters for the er, uh, bustier women. Also there are undershirts for men and women that are super tight and have a holster built into them on the side. I plan on getting one of those. Or you could always,,OC. The only problem with that is the city and county of Denver. They currently have an enforceable ban on OC. This includes all Denver owned or controlled property.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

My wife carried my Kahr cm9 around the house in a Theis IWB all day Saturday in tight jeans. We both forgot she was wearing it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endowment Member NRA
Life Member RMGO
Z.E.D.U. # 1240

(02-18-2013, 02:31 AM)DGCJason Wrote: Would love to hear what you come up with...my wife isn't into firearms, so getting her 2 cents isn't likely, and I'd like a woman's suggestions for holsters to include in my CHP classes. Tks

I know several friends use a Crossbreed Supertuck. but not sure what women use. Dunno I haven't found anything that fits without digging into my side like crazy.

(02-18-2013, 10:36 AM)Beau Wrote: There are bra holsters for the er, uh, bustier women. Also there are undershirts for men and women that are super tight and have a holster built into them on the side. I plan on getting one of those. Or you could always,,OC. The only problem with that is the city and county of Denver. They currently have an enforceable ban on OC. This includes all Denver owned or controlled property.

those might be ok during the winter when wearing a leather jacket or parka, but in the summer that just advertises, and I'm not too keen on letting everyone know I'm carrying. Never did like open carry, it's an invitation for someone to take you out before you know they're even there. I prefer conceal, allows me to assess a situation if the poop hits the fan and I can figure out if I want to intervene and take a perp out or if I want to sit back and let things play out till the boys in blue arrive.

I personally think OC should be banned. If you're carrying no one needs to know about it. Most people just get worked up into a frenzy and panic when they see one. "Oh my god a gun!!!!" Rolleyesedit

(02-18-2013, 11:44 PM)s9601694 Wrote: My wife carried my Kahr cm9 around the house in a Theis IWB all day Saturday in tight jeans. We both forgot she was wearing it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to look into those then, thanks.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black

Custom Built AR-15
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |

Draw
Also check out Faliaphotography's channel on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography?feature=watch)

Some of her older videos show some in depth concealment techniques for ladies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL5pqn3Eng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izM0fiz6kk&list=UUNn90bficsQbycHvrMBFdfw

Endowment Member NRA
Life Member RMGO
Z.E.D.U. # 1240

Keep it on topic. Start another thread for the OC/CC debate.

Thanks.

Bewaremods
Smileak
@ Lead Junkie - Agreed -

@ s9601694 - Thanks for the links to the videos from Falia. The trifecta because she also likes photography and labs! I watched most of them and wrote down each ones for the pros and cons to include in a handout to give to women/spouses that attend my training classes. -
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(02-17-2013, 11:58 PM)HannahBearCo Wrote: We girls tend to not wear loose/baggy clothing like guys do, instead we like that compact slim appearance, so we usually jam our tushes into tight jeans.

doesn't leave much room to discreetly store a pistol. so ladies (and gents if you don't mind), what other solutions are at hand to discreetly carry a handgun.

I have a sig sauer p250 .40 S&W sub-compact, but even that's difficult to hide.

Lately I've been carrying in my purse, but would like something a little more accessible without being apparent...is that possible?

Flashbang holsters are great! The AVA holster is brilliant. I'd check that out!
Looks like the Theis is the way I am going to go. I wanted the Flashbang AVA but they dont make it for my model of handgun. Noway
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
[Image: 995235_602814659754380_680026066_n.jpg]

http://www.twocannons.net/GearUp/#!/~/category/id=5587625&offset=20&sort=normal
When in doubt. JFC.

No offense to Hannah or other women but is it wrong I think those are kinda hot? LOL
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
Kinda hot?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
When in doubt. JFC.

My wife goes from a crossbreed super tuck for her Walther PPS andin a special place in her purse that is fitted for the gun...My mother in-law used the flash-bang bra attached holster...and yes that is awkward...
(12-06-2013, 10:56 PM)Beau Wrote: Kinda hot?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah, as in I would find a woman sporting one if these, her fashion sense I would find attractive. A woman being both pro gun, interested in carrying, and actively doing so would be a cool thing if I were single... :-)
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
lol at being hot. no offense taken.

I ended up getting the Theis holster. Was about to throw it in the trash because it was chafing the hell out of my hip and leaving it raw and bleeding. but i bought some black felt on amazon and used a heavy duty spray adhesive and let it get real tacky for five minutes, put it on and bam it was done. smooth and comfortable now makes a world of difference

[Image: qa9upy9y.jpg]

[Image: bugaty9y.jpg]

[Image: pejysy6e.jpg]
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
Your photos need shrinking--I couldn't read the last half of your sentences because they ran off screen to match the photo size. (I don't know where the horizontal scroll bar went off to.)
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(07-11-2014, 07:04 AM)308 Fan Wrote: Your photos need shrinking--I couldn't read the last half of your sentences because they ran off screen to match the photo size. (I don't know where the horizontal scroll bar went off to.)

heck those are the small sizes. 600x800.
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
Wife has been carrying for a month now using a remora holster for her M&P Shield. Stays put really well, better than I expected it to work.
(07-11-2014, 10:30 PM)HannahBearCo Wrote: heck those are the small sizes. 600x800.

Well by literally shoving the left edge of my browser off screen I was able to drag the window a bit bigger; I was losing maybe an inch off of them. Seemed like more.

Those may be the small sizes but for whatever reason they are significantly larger than anything else on this thread. I generally shoot for a 400 or so pixel width when I post something--especially since some peoples' connections still suck-- unless there's just tons of useful detail (like, say, shots of Crater Lake). Here, there isn't. Not everyone is on one of those whizz-bang 1920 pixel wide screen monitors (in fact, for many applications you really need more vertical real estate and widescreens are actually a bad idea IMHO, but that's a different subject); I wouldn't be surprised if there are a signficant number of 1024x768 pixel monitors still in use (though even I am past that at 1280x1024--one day I'd like to nab a 1600x1200).
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun