Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
satellite dish as a target
I thought this might be a good idea but not completely sure its safe.

I work as a technician for a major Satellite TV provider and take down/replace dishes almost every day. At the end of our shifts we just throw the old dishes in the dumpster. I think they might make a good target especially if I make a stencil to spray paint a pattern on them.

The dishes are made of a thin but sturdy stamped aluminum and have a slight concave. I'm sure any round above a 22 should be able to puncture right through it but would like to hear some other opinions.

Thanks
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety~ Benjamin Franklin
A .22 would punch through them as well. Like any reactive or hardened target there may be splashback. Fire away, stay safe.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Any chance I could buy a few of those? PM me if so. I'd pay a few bucks each since they're just scrap anyway you could make some change from them

Rootbrain
I may shoot mine, TV is getting way too expensive. Probably should take it down first though.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS