Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centennial Gun Club
Just thought I would post the link for the new range opening next year.

Centennialgunclub.com

I guess I was a good boy and my lovely wife bought me a membership.
Really excited for it to open. Hope it is everything they say it is. Met the owners at the Tanner Gun Show earlier this month and they seem very nice and professional.
Now that's a good wife!! I'll check out the site. How much was the membership?
Smileak
(08-25-2010, 09:22 PM)Cake Wrote: Now that's a good wife!! I'll check out the site. How much was the membership?

Yes sir she is. It was something like 150-175 initial fee up front, then 30 a month once they open. There is a refund if they don't open but I really hope they do. Everything about this range sounds awsome (except the price) but it will by far blow away any range in colorado.
Does anyone know whats going on with this place? I talked to the guy last year at Tanner and he was certain the place would be up and running in Jan/Feb of 2011. The site also said 1st quarter of 2011. They haven't been at Tanner in a while, and the site now says 2nd quarter of 2011.

At first i was hoping i wasn't screwing myself by waiting to buy a membership right now at half cost, but now im thinking i may have done the right thing.

Ive also driven by the location that is supposed to be the site, and its completely empty. Not even a work crew. When i Emailed the site about that, i was told that the building is already made, just isn't assembled. If that makes any sense.
(03-15-2011, 12:51 AM)Storm Wrote: Does anyone know whats going on with this place? I talked to the guy last year at Tanner and he was certain the place would be up and running in Jan/Feb of 2011. The site also said 1st quarter of 2011. They haven't been at Tanner in a while, and the site now says 2nd quarter of 2011.

At first i was hoping i wasn't screwing myself by waiting to buy a membership right now at half cost, but now im thinking i may have done the right thing.

Ive also driven by the location that is supposed to be the site, and its completely empty. Not even a work crew. When i Emailed the site about that, i was told that the building is already made, just isn't assembled. If that makes any sense.

I did the same thing you did. Got very excited about the place. Drove by to see it and nothing. They keep pushing back the date. Wish they would do a better job at updating their website and being more reponsive.
I was intially excited about this place too. Mostly because it was basically next door to my work. But once I checked their pricing I let it go by the way side. I don't know about you guys, but it came across as more of an executive club for gun owners than anything else. The basic membership didn't give you a lot of access. But if you were willing to put up thousands of dollars you could go shooting most anytime you wanted.
I'll stick with my nice inexpensive (60 a year for a family) gun club (Ben Lomond) with 560 acres of fun and camping. ;-)
[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
(03-29-2011, 02:06 PM)Ape Wrote: I was intially excited about this place too. Mostly because it was basically next door to my work. But once I checked their pricing I let it go by the way side. I don't know about you guys, but it came across as more of an executive club for gun owners than anything else. The basic membership didn't give you a lot of access. But if you were willing to put up thousands of dollars you could go shooting most anytime you wanted.
I'll stick with my nice inexpensive (60 a year for a family) gun club (Ben Lomond) with 560 acres of fun and camping. ;-)

Actually with the basic membership you can shoot whenever you want. Full auto, moving targets up to .50 cal. You can even draw from holster and shoot. A lot of things to like but only 3 guest passes a year really sucks. Plus the fact that it is taking a lot longer than expected & is making me & my wife doubt my membership purchase. Last I heard was it should be good to go in August. Seems to me after talking to the owners and other members that they new it would take this long but were just trying to sell early memberships to folks like myself. Supposedly their business office is open right down the street from the range location. I just want this to happen so bad because it will blow all other indoor ranges away. I also like the fact that its for members only for the most part. If your a non-member you can only go 3 times beforeyou have to buy a membership which I hope will keep all 20 lanes less crowded like every other range that can be over an hour wait. Guess I have to wait and see.
Anytime huh? I was under the impression (from what I remember reading initially) that with a basic membership there were certain days and hours off limits? Not to mention Corp outings would take precidence over other membership uses?

I still like the idea of a private indoor shooting range close to home though. Nut this one still seems a bit expensive for my tastes. :-/
(04-01-2011, 11:27 AM)Ape Wrote: Anytime huh? I was under the impression (from what I remember reading initially) that with a basic membership there were certain days and hours off limits? Not to mention Corp outings would take precidence over other membership uses?

I still like the idea of a private indoor shooting range close to home though. Nut this one still seems a bit expensive for my tastes. :-/

Yep. Here is what you get with the basic membership. There are actually 28 lanes but 8 are for the statesman (upgraded package) and those are reserved for corp outings. I agree it is expensive but can't complain when it was a gift. If you compare it to a range like firing line were it is $140 a year plus you still pay $6 for each trip and no reservations. Plus they are very strict (like most ranges) and your always going to wait on the weekends to shoot. If it ever opens Rolleyesedit I think it will be one of the best ranges if not the best in colorado. It's actually suppose to be one of the biggest in the nation.

All Patriot Membership Benefits Include:
•Unlimited use of our 20 state-of-the-art climate-controlled Patriot shooting lanes
•One free hand gun rental per member each year
•Complimentary firearms safety check each year
•Complimentary use of eye and ear protection
•Member’s T-shirt for each member
•Full-day guest passes (Number varies by membership package
•Reservations of one lane per member, subject to availability – maximum 24 hours advanced notice
•Member’s Specials on training courses
•Discounts on firearms rental fees
•Special rates for firearms storage
•Discounted range ammo
•FFL firearm transfer fee of $15 (normally $30) [does not apply to NFA transfers]
•Monthly “Members Only” sales
•Holster and tactical rifle qualifications
•Monthly Newsletter

Hmmm? I guess it must have been the 8 lanes kept aside for upgraded accounts that I was thinking about.

And I agree, it sounds like it'll be a sweet set up. I just wish I could get a membership "gifted" to me so I could try it out for a year. lol

I've never been to the Firing Line, but I've heard all kinds of horror stories about the waits and (sometimes) idiots that wander through.

The only indoor range I've ever used is the Shootist in Englewood. And I've only had to wait there once or twice to get a lane on a weekend.
The problem with that is you can't shoot long guns. But they will sometimes make an exception for carbines (handgun caliber) and .22's.
Plus it winds up costing me about as much to go there once with my family as it does for a yearly membership to our gun club which is 60 bucks a year.
I was at the Firing Line yesterday. The wait seemed to be minimal. I wasn't there to shoot so I don't know exactly. I'm thinking about joining Ben Lomand or Colorado Rifle Club.

On another note I saw one of the coolest revolvers ever yesterday. I'll start another thread about it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(04-02-2011, 07:56 AM)Beau Wrote: I was at the Firing Line yesterday. The wait seemed to be minimal. I wasn't there to shoot so I don't know exactly. I'm thinking about joining Ben Lomand or Colorado Rifle Club.

On another note I saw one of the coolest revolvers ever yesterday. I'll start another thread about it.

I've actually been thinking of late about joining the CRC as a secondary club for my family and I. Mainly because they have a range with an extra 400 yards (1,000 yards total) for long shots over BL's longest yardage marker (600 yards).
Just something WAY TOO COOL about making shots that far out! :biggrin:

But Ben Lomond will stay my favorite (for now) due to the ability to camp out or park a travel trailer there and hang out for long weekends. Thumbsup

Hopefully we'll get you out to BL soon Beau, that way you can test it out to see if it's worth joining. wink
(04-02-2011, 07:56 AM)Beau Wrote: On another note I saw one of the coolest revolvers ever yesterday. I'll start another thread about it.
Where's that thread Mr Man?!?!?
I'm looking for pics of the pistol. It is pretty rare. I've found pics of similar models but none exactly like the one I saw.
When in doubt. JFC.

Tease! lol
Posted in Handguns forum.
When in doubt. JFC.

anyone hear anything?
(08-12-2011, 12:13 PM)patrick0685 Wrote: anyone hear anything?

Last I heard is that someone has linked the Centennial Gun Club people to the same people that were supposed to be doing the Castle Rock Gun Club and a couple others. I'm not sure how much validity there is to it, but supposedly what they are doing is collecting up front memberships to front the building of the club, and if they don't raise enough, they just walk away with what they collected. Again, I'm not sure about the validity, but I recall reading that on another board - I'll see if I can find it and update here.
well i looked at there site again and they are now saying Late 2011 but it does say in the FAQ section that if nothing happens within 24 month of you giving money they will give it back
(08-12-2011, 01:01 PM)patrick0685 Wrote: well i looked at there site again and they are now saying Late 2011 but it does say in the FAQ section that if nothing happens within 24 month of you giving money they will give it back

see, this is what concerns me, I hate mixed signals.
http://www.centennialgunclub.com/frequently-asked-questions-gun-club

Quote:Q. When will the club be open?
A. We plan to open second quarter 2011

we are in the third quarter.
There never was a bad man that had ability for good service.

-Edmund Burke 1788-02-15

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Life never forgives weaknesses.
-Adolf Hitler