Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I going south after I die?
I've been told I am, for having the audacity to live my life according to my own internal conception of good morals and values, and not depending on religion or society to define my course. Is it true? Should I reserve my ticket on the Southern Express?
Maybe
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(10-28-2012, 09:34 PM)Beau Wrote: Maybe

Thanks, Beau. At least you've offered me a ray of hope! wink
(10-29-2012, 12:25 AM)FastMan Wrote: Thanks, Beau. At least you've offered me a ray of hope! wink

No problem. Anyone at anytime can choose to believe in the gospel of Jesus, there's always hope, and baconBacondance. Now there's a campaign slogan I could get behind.

Hope and Bacon
Oscar Meyer 2012
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Hope for Bacon! Bacondance

What others believe has no bearing on my life... unless they are insistent and armed. LMAO

Seriously I'm in the same boat and live according to my concept of right/wrong. Except for the ceremonies my standards typically fall in line with major religious ethics. I try to live a moral life, help others and such but don't believe in the heaven/hell concept so the motivation is my own. Who knows the right path but does it matter if the destination is the same?
I'm going south after I die, my ashes are going to be poured out off of key west.
(10-28-2012, 04:15 PM)FastMan Wrote: I've been told I am, for having the audacity to live my life according to my own internal conception of good morals and values, and not depending on religion or society to define my course. Is it true? Should I reserve my ticket on the Southern Express?

sounds like you already know the answer to your question and instead are being intentionally provocative

(11-01-2012, 01:02 PM)funkymonkey1111 Wrote: sounds like you already know the answer to your question and instead are being intentionally provocative

Nope. I don't claim to know for sure what happens after one's passing. I know others do, but I don't. I choose to live my life by my own design, adhering best I can to the golden rule, and suffer any afterlife consequences that may come from that choice.