Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a public school bar a person from visiting based on that persons religion?
(02-27-2013, 04:30 AM)bufordtjustice Wrote: And what alternative do you propose?

The alternativs are already there. My kids are currently in a public school but only because the school is small and when a parent speaks the school listens.

Next year they may be in a private or charter school. It all depends on if I move or not. Homeschooling is being considered also.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(02-27-2013, 11:16 AM)Beau Wrote: The alternativs are already there. My kids are currently in a public school but only because the school is small and when a parent speaks the school listens.

Next year they may be in a private or charter school. It all depends on if I move or not. Homeschooling is being considered also.

First point is you said get rid of public schools,I assume meaning all of them,so we are not talking about one familys kids we are talking hundreds of thousands,now where do you come up with private or charter schools in that number.

second point I have a friend that is a charter school principal and her husband is a dean of students in a Catholic school, both of these institutions also have many problems.
at the charter school every parent seems to think the school and sports should be run only as they think and the public meetings often turn into shouting matches,I will add that another friend took his kids out of a Lutheran school for this very reason,everyone pulling in a different direction.

third point we homeschooled our children through the seventh grade and evidently did alright ,my son and daughter are juniors in public school and take the hardest classes they can get and was told two weeks ago that she is 12th and he is 32nd in their class of 430.

But I don't think homeschool is for everyone I sure would not have tried it if it was not for my wife who is an excelent teacher, and it was a tremendous amount of work for her.

I think some people think educating children is a breeze and that all a public school system needs is a kick in the pants and be told to get with the program.

Or that private or charter schools have no problems.

Its easy to beat up on the public system,but give it a try yourself and see.
We could start a whole new thread on the issues and benefits around public education. I will say agree that the job is very difficult, but when you have principals suspending students for throwing imaginary gernades there is obviously some room for improvement.
Intent to commit self-defense is not a crime.
The whole country falls in the room for improvement catagory.
NRA instructor
$50 concealed carry classes
http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1704 Click for information
(02-27-2013, 12:35 PM)bufordtjustice Wrote: First point is you said get rid of public schools,I assume meaning all of them,so we are not talking about one familys kids we are talking hundreds of thousands,now where do you come up with private or charter schools in that number.

second point I have a friend that is a charter school principal and her husband is a dean of students in a Catholic school, both of these institutions also have many problems.
at the charter school every parent seems to think the school and sports should be run only as they think and the public meetings often turn into shouting matches,I will add that another friend took his kids out of a Lutheran school for this very reason,everyone pulling in a different direction.

third point we homeschooled our children through the seventh grade and evidently did alright ,my son and daughter are juniors in public school and take the hardest classes they can get and was told two weeks ago that she is 12th and he is 32nd in their class of 430.

But I don't think homeschool is for everyone I sure would not have tried it if it was not for my wife who is an excelent teacher, and it was a tremendous amount of work for her.

I think some people think educating children is a breeze and that all a public school system needs is a kick in the pants and be told to get with the program.

Or that private or charter schools have no problems.

Its easy to beat up on the public system,but give it a try yourself and see.

There is a reason I'm not currently homeschooling. I know it is not easy and I don't believe that I could provide the learning environment that they need.

I'm not saying private or charter schools are perfect either. But the public school system as a whole and in its current state is failing. I just think I could send my children to a large public school.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

The point is the "youth pastor" was asked to not come back to talk to the youth that attended, and still attend his youth church!! If there was some foul play then he would not still be a youth pastor, the chruch, with the fear of lawsuit, would have fired him. They did not because he has committed no crimes as some of you have just assumed, he must have committed a crime againts the kids because he is a pastor, but he did not.

It is sad that in this country, we are so jaded that we think when a grown man wants to spend time with the youths of this nation, there is something wrong with him and he is a perv, but did it ever accure to anyone that maybe that is the problem in this nation? Kids are not being mentored because if you are a mentor then you are automatically a pediphile, so the young men have no real good influences in their lives from men and young women have not one person to help them through the "tough" years of adolecense because people are to afraid of the lable of pedophile.

It should be up to the parents to raise their kids, but in a country where everyone is in debt up to their ears, and both parents, if there are 2 in the house, must work 100 hrs a week just to make ends meet. Who then, will help these young people grow up to be productive members of this world? This youth pastor was trying to be a mentor to these kids, help them through the "tough" years of life, and teach them to have a Godly moral compass in life. But we cannot allow that, telling kids about God might destroy them!! Will IMHO NOT telling them about God has been the major factor in what is "destroying" this country for the last 50 or 60 yrs!!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak