Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping for what?
So, we're all prepping our butts off, getting ready for when the SHTF, and EOTWAWKI, and WROL, or whatever other acronym you want to assign to this thing we're preparing for.

So here are a couple questions. I'm curious to hear where your heads are at in regards to them.

1) What do you feel will be the most likely scenario for how the mega crisis we're all prepping for will come to be?

2) What percentage to you give to the possibility of said armageddon situation happening in the next 10 years?

IE: "I think there is a ___ % chance of the crisis situation I described actually happening in the next 10 years."
Personally I'm more concerned with smaller, local disasters. The fact that being prepared for those will help be prepared for national crisis is a big bonus. Things like the Waldo Canyon fire brought a greater sense of urgency.
(10-01-2012, 05:51 PM)FastMan Wrote: So, we're all prepping our butts off, getting ready for when the SHTF, and EOTWAWKI, and WROL, or whatever other acronym you want to assign to this thing we're preparing for.

So here are a couple questions. I'm curious to hear where your heads are at in regards to them.

1) What do you feel will be the most likely scenario for how the mega crisis we're all prepping for will come to be?
I think it will start with economic collapse. China is going to collect. We'll be governed by the U.N. Say goodbye to boomsticks and religious freedom.
2) What percentage to you give to the possibility of said armageddon situation happening in the next 10 years?
50% and I think that is being optimistic
IE: "I think there is a ___ % chance of the crisis situation I described actually happening in the next 10 years."
50% and I think that is being optimistic.
There are so many ways S can HTF. I really do think it will start with the economy and cascade from there. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have had children.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(10-01-2012, 07:43 PM)Hammer03 Wrote: Personally I'm more concerned with smaller, local disasters. The fact that being prepared for those will help be prepared for national crisis is a big bonus. Things like the Waldo Canyon fire brought a greater sense of urgency.

I think Waldo opened a lot of eyes, Hammer. I live and do landscaping up in Woodland Park. The fire came pretty close to us, but we were spared. Still, I experienced a load of new business post fire from folks suddenly feeling the need to do some fire mitigation work on their property. I'm sure that was accompanied with other new disaster prep measures I don't even know about.

I think your logic is good.
(10-01-2012, 11:09 PM)Beau Wrote: There are so many ways S can HTF. I really do think it will start with the economy and cascade from there.

I think so too, Beau.

We're forever kicking the can on deficit spending and printing money. There doesn't seem to be enough voters willing to support making the hard choices needed to right the ship before it takes on that last ounce of water that finally sinks it to the bottom of the sea. It's killing the dollar, and it's only going to get worse. When we finally go over the cliff, the dollar will tank big time. The wheel barrow for a loaf of bread scenario? Possibly. The savings people worked so hard to squirrel away little by little over a lifetime, they'll suddenly find worth squat. Those living on liberal compassion bread crumbs thrown their way in exchange for votes will see the faucet dry up. For a preview of what's to come when that happens, see the riots currently happening in the spanish streets. Austerity stings to the core of the dependent.

At least that's what I see when I gaze into the crystal ball.

Agree it will likely cascade from the unstable world economy. Or Zombies. Dunno

Coin toss if it happens in the next 10 years and/or if it results in the crisis we anticipate. An awful lot of complacent folks would willingly accept servitude for a meager existence. UN oversight seems likely and overcomes the pesky notion of troops not firing wholesale on their countrymen. Remember seeing a quote once that spoke of most men not yearning for freedom but being content with the rule of a just master. I believe that's true and a leadership vacuum would not remain long.

Good to be prepped for the smaller local issues regardless of whether those preparations will forestall capitulation on a larger scale.
seems to me an economic collapse is the most likely scenario
(11-01-2012, 01:49 PM)funkymonkey1111 Wrote: seems to me an economic collapse is the most likely scenario

Small scale it looks like riots could be a concern in a lot of states if Obama loses. Luckily I am far enough away from from the cities that I don't have to worry about immediate danger.
When in doubt. JFC.

(11-01-2012, 09:26 PM)Beau Wrote: Small scale it looks like riots could be a concern in a lot of states if Obama loses. Luckily I am far enough away from from the cities that I don't have to worry about immediate danger.

Same here, I'm living in a very conservative town, about 20 miles from the heart of Colorado Springs, 2000 feet of elevation gain. And if they make it this far, they'll find a county that's the most heavily armed per capita in the state. Bring it on.
Economic collapse. Federal govt gone. Anarchy insues. UN moves in later.
Romney elected? 10-20% chance
Obama re-elected? 40-60% chance
Fear God. Love your neighbor. Hunt deer.
(11-02-2012, 01:37 AM)Stumpy Wrote: Economic collapse. Federal govt gone. Anarchy insues. UN moves in later.
Romney elected? 10-20% chance
Obama re-elected? 40-60% chance

How's you're Mandarin?
When in doubt. JFC.

Economic collapse or global pandemic, we are overdue!
If the US goes broke and defaults, who will pay for the UN troops to invade us?
(09-25-2013, 07:42 AM)pocketpistol Wrote: If the US goes broke and defaults, who will pay for the UN troops to invade us?

The UN troops will compensate themselves the old fashioned way by rape and pillage.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

(10-01-2012, 05:51 PM)FastMan Wrote: So, we're all prepping our butts off, getting ready for when the SHTF, and EOTWAWKI, and WROL, or whatever other acronym you want to assign to this thing we're preparing for.

Financial first, followed by food shortfalls, followed by full out SHTF

Quote:2) What percentage to you give to the possibility of said armageddon situation happening in the next 10 years?

75%
Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
I think it's zombies...
LIKE THIS THREAD!
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
-Pink Floyd...or was it Benjamin Franklin?