Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COGO Carry map
(Could this possibly be a sticky to discuss the map itself?)

The COGO carry map is located here.

To add a business do the following:
  • Click the red "EDIT" box towards the upper left of the map.
  • Move/enlarge the map until you have located the place of business.
  • Right click at the business location to bring up a dialog box and then click "Add a placemark".
  • In the upper right, click on the blue "upside down raindrop" and change it to the correctly colored pin.
  • Enter the business name in the "Title" box.
  • Enter any amplifying information you may wish to add in the "description" box -- "They welcomed me with open arms", "Everyone behind the counter drew their guns on me", etc.
  • Click "Ok".
  • Repeat the above with as many places as you like.
  • When completely finished, click "Done" found in the upper left corner and your work will be saved!

The directions actually make it sound more complex than it really is, I really encourage you to add your experiences to the map!

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
Could I suggest the following changes to the map key, currently it is:

COGO Carry Map
Green= Good to carry.
Yellow= Caution advised. Policies may vary or policy not exact.
Red= Carry not allowed. Strictly enforced.
Purple= Illegal to carry.

I'd like to see if I can import a black pin, and would like to suggest the following changes to the key:

COGO Concealed Carry/Open Carry map
Green: Supports/welcomes firearms and carry
White: Openly carried here, no reaction one way or another
Yellow: Caution advised. Policies may vary or policy not exact
Red: Posted no carry or people have been asked to leave the premises
Black: Illegal to carry

Thoughts?

O2

Ps. I'm willing to spearhead this work!
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
I like the new color scheme, little more intuitive I think
One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.
[Image: devils_playground_bike_zps6bc268ff-1_zps3ddf11e0.jpg]
I doubt it would do any good but I'll shoot an email asking them to add black pins. Maybe someone can design it. There is an option to add your own marker.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Map is a Google map, did Google not just eliminate gun related searches from their shooping site? Just sayin.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

(08-02-2012, 07:47 PM)kj4963 Wrote: Map is a Google map, did Google not just eliminate gun related searches from their shooping site? Just sayin.

If you know of a different map service we could use please tell me. Google was the best thing out there I could find.
When in doubt. JFC.

(08-02-2012, 08:35 PM)Beau Wrote: If you know of a different map service we could use please tell me. Google was the best thing out there I could find.

I don't know any others, but I will look into it. But as far as I remember that map was up well before Googles stance on Guns was announced. I will try to see if there is another option. I appreciate your efforts in making that map, I just happened to notice it yesterday.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

How should we handle updates? Should we change the existing pin or add a new entry? I was thinking of just changing the pin and leaving the description and adding to it so the history is still there but the confusion is gone. I see a store with a red pin in it that is no longer posted. I would like to change them to yellow as the sign is gone but it was not replaced with a favorable sign, just no sign at all.
(08-06-2012, 09:37 AM)jb1023 Wrote: How should we handle updates? Should we change the existing pin or add a new entry? I was thinking of just changing the pin and leaving the description and adding to it so the history is still there but the confusion is gone. I see a store with a red pin in it that is no longer posted. I would like to change them to yellow as the sign is gone but it was not replaced with a favorable sign, just no sign at all.

I would say change the existing pin. What store is it? I wouldn't change it unless speaking to them though. The sign could have been removed for a variety of reasons. Maybe they're putting up a bigger one.
When in doubt. JFC.

Added Buffalo Wild Wings in Stetson Hills (Colo Springs), although it really applies to any Buffalo Wild Wings since it's their corporate policy that firearms are not allowed in any of their establishments.
I spent the day yesterday OC'ing. I was at Costco in Parker, Safeway in Aurora and Chambers liquors. No comments. No one asked me to leave. No issues. It was refreshing.
One shot, One kill