Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Theater's new policy
(08-21-2015, 09:57 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: ...and they're back. Including a warning that bags will be searched going into the theater.

Nothing like security theater at the theater.

From the threads I've been reading on Defensivecarry, OpenCarry and Pistol-Forum, this appears to be a nationwide change for all of Regal. It's annoying, as the closest theater to me (Colorado Mills in Lakewood) is Regal. 

But thankfully, I rarely go to the movies at all, and when I do, we tend to go to the AMC in Flatiron. I have no idea if it's posted (I never really cared to look, and I see no mention of "firearm" or "weapon" in their Terms and Conditions), but have carried there several times. 
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Ah, I was just thinking...didn't some other chain do this? Not realizing Hollywood wasn't the name of a chain but was just part of Regal.

OK, there's one less group of idiots out there than I thought. That still leaves about a zillion.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(08-21-2015, 09:57 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: ...and they're back. Including a warning that bags will be searched going into the theater.

Nothing like security theater at the theater.

O2

Laugh Good one.

I heard about the bag search policy being put into effect. I wonder if they think their policy is sound or if they are doing it just for show. It is hard for me to believe that people are really that ignorant on how firearms are carried.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(08-25-2015, 09:45 PM)Beau Wrote: Laugh Good one.

I heard about the bag search policy being put into effect. I wonder if they think their policy is sound or if they are doing it just for show. It is hard for me to believe that people are really that ignorant on how firearms are carried.

Personally I think "security" is being used as an excuse to allow them to search the soccer mom's bag to keep her from bringing in healthy snacks for her kids so she's forced to buy overpriced junk food at the concession.

Exhibit A: Just as you said, it's hard to believe that they really think everyone off-body carries.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
I feel sooooo much safer now. Won't have to worry about the next bad guy carrying his AK inside his man purse now.
Don't worry, the AK that fits inside the man purse will be a short barreled rifle, and that's impossible because they're NFA items.

/sarcasm
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun