Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hollywood Theater's new policy
...since the policy worked SO well for Cinemark...

These are taken at the Hollywood Theater, Interquest Parkway in Colorado Springs:

[Image: hollywood_gfz0.jpg]

[Image: hollywood_gfz1.jpg]

A couple takeaways to understand the antis:
  • No amount of training is enough to make you a good guy.
  • No background check is good enough to make you a good guy.
  • There is no difference between a law-abiding gun owner and a deranged murderer.
  • And of course, to complete the lack of logic, it's safe to assume that a deranged murderer will go elsewhere when they see the sign.

It absolutely boggles my mind that a company would take the exact same position as another that had suffered such a devastating act and think it's the right thing to do.

Hollywood Theater Interquest Parkway
11250 Rampart Hill View
Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Phone: (719) 434-3848

Hollywood Theaters
919 SW Taylor
Portland, OR 97205
Phone: (503) 221-7090
Fax: (503) 796-0229

O2
Friggin Morons! They just don't get it!
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

Good thing they got those signs up before any bad guys come around since everyone knows the single greatest deterrent to crime is a sign.
Concealed is concealed.
(07-23-2012, 07:18 PM)Hammer03 Wrote: Concealed is concealed.
You trampling on someone else's rights is as bad as the anti-gunners tramping on yours. Your position is absolutely hypocritical -- getting upset when someone tries to ignore your rights and then turning around and ignoring a private property owner's rights.

I'm dismayed at how unprincipled I'm finding gun owners to be. If you can't abide by the private property owner's request, no matter how gawd awful stupid it may be, stay off their property, period.

You want people to respect your rights? Start by respecting theirs.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
Carried in a Regal Cinema today. Didn't even look for signs.
Smileak
The way I see it, is that as I will agree with above me concealed is concealed. There is no way they will now that its concealed, unless you give it away. I would have a misdemeanor charge as opposed to a lost life of myself or any one around me.
" I will keep my guns, money, and freedom. You keep the change."
Don't know what happened, but I verified tonight that the signs are gone.

O2
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
(10-12-2012, 10:26 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Don't know what happened, but I verified tonight that the signs are gone.

O2

I'll be following this thread with interest. Has anyone called Hollywood's corporate to find out their official policy? On the rare occasion that I go to a movie theater, the Hollywood Theaters have been where I went specifically for the reason that they were not posted.

It always amuses me when some gun owners will defy the rules laid down by the private property owner but still apparently can't give their money to the business fast enough. If you don't like their rules, don't support them. Don't just say "I'll do it anyway" and continue to give them business. That's a pretty weak message to send.
(07-23-2012, 09:41 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: You trampling on someone else's rights is as bad as the anti-gunners tramping on yours. Your position is absolutely hypocritical -- getting upset when someone tries to ignore your rights and then turning around and ignoring a private property owner's rights.

I'm dismayed at how unprincipled I'm finding gun owners to be. If you can't abide by the private property owner's request, no matter how gawd awful stupid it may be, stay off their property, period.

O2
I respect your opinion. But I'm not upset.
I'm glad you've never done anything unprincipled. Fight the good fight.

(07-23-2012, 09:41 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote: You trampling on someone else's rights is as bad as the anti-gunners tramping on yours. Your position is absolutely hypocritical -- getting upset when someone tries to ignore your rights and then turning around and ignoring a private property owner's rights.

O2

Love your passion for principle. The individual's right to choose for themselves who they will do business with at their own place of business, whether it jives with existing law or not.

By similar principle, an owner could post: "we don't serve blacks, jews, or muslims". On the surface that seems distasteful, but sometimes distasteful is what we have to stomach to be truly free. When we start chipping away at what expressions of freedom we'll allow, and what we will not because we subjectively find it distasteful, we chip away at freedom itself.

Selective freedom is a slippery slope, one we've slid down way too far already.

(10-16-2012, 01:42 AM)FastMan Wrote: Love your passion for principle. The individual's right to choose for themselves who they will do business with at their own place of business, whether it jives with existing law or not.

By similar principle, an owner could post: "we don't serve blacks, jews, or muslims". On the surface that seems distasteful, but sometimes distasteful is what we have to stomach to be truly free. When we start chipping away at what expressions of freedom we'll allow, and what we will not because we subjectively find it distasteful, we chip away at freedom itself.

Selective freedom is a slippery slope, one we've slid down way too far already.

Well stated. Thumbsup
I'm not sure that guy in Aurora would have been able to see those signs (if they were in place then) coming in through the back door?
(10-16-2012, 04:16 PM)Clamps Wrote: I'm not sure that guy in Aurora would have been able to see those signs (if they were in place then) coming in through the back door?

He bought a ticket and walked through the front door. He went out the back door and came back in and commenced firing. Signs did not matter.
Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS

They didn't have those signs at the Aurora theater. In fact I don't remember seeing any signs there at all. Someone said that there was a small sticker in the corner of one of the doors but that was it.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

Went to Hollywood yesterday, it's not posted anymore.
The management's belief that the sign will stop crime is as logical as any other anti-2A law or rule.

I virtually never go to movie theaters anyway because I don't like listening to idiots yakking on their cell phones during the feature.

"If you got to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!" -Tuco Ramirez-
Just in case anyone missed reply #8, Hollywood Theaters changed their minds and wisely removed their criminal protection zone signs.

O2
(11-27-2012, 04:11 AM)O2HeN2 Wrote: Just in case anyone missed reply #8, Hollywood Theaters changed their minds and wisely removed their criminal protection zone signs.

O2

But did they change their policy?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

...and they're back. Including a warning that bags will be searched going into the theater.

Nothing like security theater at the theater.

O2